Lazyman Baseball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ExCommish

Any thoughts on Banking for next year? Empty Any thoughts on Banking for next year?

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:06 pm
Banking has been on the table for a few years and several owners liked the idea. Some, not.

Basically - When trading, if you dropped a $2.0 player and picked up a player for $1.5, the 0.5 difference would be banked and you could add that dough when making a future trade. After the trade deadline, any leftover banked money would be worthless.

Wildcard: If your opening roster came in under the salary cap, the difference would be banked.
dw4371

Any thoughts on Banking for next year? Empty Re: Any thoughts on Banking for next year?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:03 pm
I like the idea of banking. Sometimes just a couple of tenths can make a difference of some planned trades. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement and maintain such a program.
Admin
Admin
https://lazymanbaseballwest.board-directory.net

Any thoughts on Banking for next year? Empty Re: Any thoughts on Banking for next year?

Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:22 am
Drawbacks . . . less lazy, another thing for the commish and owners to keep track of, rosters may tend to look more similar as the season progresses, perhaps.

Positives . . . more freedom to trade for lower priced players than you are dropping, at least with the first couple of trades (I usually trade for players that are of equal value to the ones I'm cutting because I want to loose any fraction of that precious 52 million dollars).

Bruce - was anyone outspoken against this?
ExCommish

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:19 am
Only a few folks were against it. The general sentiment was to go forward if it wasn't too much extra work. I wonder what newer team owners think about it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum