Lazyman Baseball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://lazymanbaseballwest.board-directory.net

Trades and Rules Empty Trades and Rules

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:13 pm
Here are the current rules around trading:

Trading

1) Each team gets just 3 trades for the season – One for the First Half, One for the Second Half, One to use anytime during the season up till the trade deadline. The First-Half trade is “Use it or lose it”. If not used during the First Half, it is gone.

2) Trading is not done between teams. When you trade, you drop one player from your team and add another from the Player List. The salary of the dropped player must be equal to or greater than the salary of the new player. Or, you may drop additional players and combine their salaries to help finance the trade.

3) Added and dropped players can be at any position.

4) Any dollar difference left over when you’re trading disappears. Sorry about that.

5) You cannot trade for an Exclusive Player.

6) You can write-in a player who’s not on the Player List and is not an Exclusive Player. His salary as a trade write-in is $1.0 Million.

7) All trades go into effect for the first game of the week (almost always a Monday). Our week runs Monday to Sunday. Your trade info must be received before the first pitch of the first game of the week. Emailing or completing the form on the Contact page of the website works best. Be sure to include all details.

Cool Throughout the season, you must keep at least one player at every scoring position and at least one extra batter to fill the DH spot.

9) IMPORTANT: Each trade must stand on its own – The math must add up. If you’re making multiple trades the same day, you can’t just trade combined-salaries for combined-salaries.
Admin
Admin

Trades and Rules Empty Re: Trades and Rules

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:14 pm
I am thinking about adding trades to a team if they have a player that goes on the 60-day DL. Thoughts?
ExCommish

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:25 am
This has been discussed over several seasons - replacing a player brought down by a catastrophic injury. The one year we actually tried something similar, Chris Carpenter was out forever yet the Cards didn't DL him. It's a great rule but it's deceptively tricky. A team could replace an injured crappy player with the next Aaron Judge as a 'free' trade.
gyeend

Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:37 pm
I like the idea. I do think if a team uses a 60 day DL trade however, it should have to be for the same position. (3rd Baseman goes on 60 day DL, you can pick up only a 3rd baseman) The other 3 trades keep the current rules.
Admin
Admin

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:53 am
It would be tricky . . . and there might be some situations where it might be viewed as unfair. For example: "My player has been on the 10-day DL, for two months! We don't I get another trade?" I do like the thought that it must be for the same position. What if the replacement player could only cost up to half of the dropped player salary as well? Keep the ideas coming.
ExCommish

Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:17 pm
The most popular and simplest idea over the years... was 1 for 1 trade, same position, equal or lesser salary.
Last offseason, some facebookers had a long discussion over the catastrophic replacement. With the consent of Mr Pauper from Albion, I would re-post his thoughts here.
Sponsored content